After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘Little Jack crosses the ‘first threshold’’, students will respond to six Bloom’s Taxonomy questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: Little Jack crosses the ‘first threshold’.”
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘Little Jack crosses the ‘first threshold’’.”
What’s the story about?
Story Description: Listen to this next story about Little Jack. Now that this sixth grader has accepted his ‘call to adventure’, the time has come that Little Jack will have to cross his ‘first threshold’. Unfortunately, he finds that crossing that first threshold is not an easy process to go through as there are sometimes subtle and not-so-subtle enemies or threshold guardians trying to hold him back so that they can keep him from being successful. Fortunately, Little Jack also finds that the Ancient One and possible others serve as allies who will help him to cross that first threshold successfully.
Please note: This boy is called ‘Little Jack’ by the older guys he hangs out with after school. Why? One of the eighth-grade boys is also named Jack. To avoid confusion, they call the older boy ‘Big Jack’ and this sixth-grade boy ‘Little Jack’.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- 2A. Section 2A: K-W-L MODEL discussion part 1 (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- 2B. Section 2B: K-W-L MODEL discussion part 2 (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Little Jack crosses the ‘first threshold’
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Little Jack crosses the ‘first threshold’’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: email@example.com