After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘Goofy Jane’, students will respond to five main idea discussion questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: Goofy Jane.”
- Click link: Writing assignment: Goofy Jane
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘Goofy Jane’.”
What’s the story about?
Story Description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the need for using good communication skills when interacting with other people. This comic story called “Goofy Jane” demonstrates the pitfalls that can happen when you do not follow the simple rules of being a good communicator.
Eighteen-year-old Jane is training to be a singer, dancer, and actress so she can become a Hollywood movie star. She nearly blows her chance to fulfill her dream as she breaks every communication skill rule with a Hollywood agent by the name of Mr. Headworthy. Read the role-play called “Goofy Jane” to find out what happens.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Role-Play
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 7: 13 skits to teach good communication techniques
- Printable skit #1 student directions: Eye Contact
- Printable skit #2 student directions: Good observations
- Printable skit #3 student directions: Body language
- Printable skit #4 student directions: Good listener
- Printable skit #5 student directions: Turn-taking
- Printable skit #6 student directions: The way you speak
- Printable skit #7 student directions: Stay on the subject
- Printable skit #8 student directions: Normal volume
- Printable skit #9 student directions: Normal pitch
- Printable skit #10 student directions: Clear speech
- Printable skit #11 student directions: Rate of speech
- Printable skit #12 student directions: Adequate distance
- Printable skit #13 student directions: Don't fidget
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Goofy Jane
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Goofy Jane’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org