Unfortunately for fans of Bravo's "Princesses: Long Island," which followed the lives of six Jewish young women in Long Island and aired for one season last summer, the show is unlikely to see a second season. As reported by the NY Daily News on Sunday, March 16, the network has no plans on filming more episodes.
The problem isn't the ratings but the controversy that followed the show. One of the show's stars, Amanda Bertoncini, caused outrage when she held a beer bottle to the mouth of a statue of a 9/11 hero during a photo shoot for her line of bottle cozies and didn't seem to be fully sorry in her open apology letter. Many also don't like how the show portrays Jewish women and Long Island, even prompting a Facebook page dedicated solely to making sure that the show doesn't come back.
“Some shows just aren’t worth the aggravation,” said a production insider.
“It’s very unlikely to return,” said another source, who added that episodes have "definitely not" been shot for a second season.
A statement from Bravo is not encouraging for the show's fate.
“Nothing official had been announced,” a Bravo spokeswoman told the website.
In addition to Amanda Bertoncini, the show stars Ashlee White, Casey Cohen, Chanel "Coco" Omari, Erica Gimbel, and Joey Lauren. Amanda recently tweeted that she has "no clue" if there will be a second season. She also retweeted a fan's suggestion that she have her own show. Clearly, Amanda thinks she deserves to be on TV, even if she angers a lot of people sometimes.
Do you think "Princesses: Long Island" deserves a second season?
Follow @celebgossipstat for the latest celebrity and entertainment news.