Chocoholics this one’s for you. Princess Cruises announced today, July 30, a sweet partnership with internationally acclaimed master chocolatier and pastry designer Norman Love called "Chocolate Journeys." To satisfy sweet tooths, the cruise line is cooking up taste-tempting assortment of custom-crafted desserts, chocolate and wine pairings, and chocolate bites created by one of the top names in artisan chocolate.
Norman Love Confections, which launched in 2001, is currently one of the most recognized names in the savories industry. Among other accolades, Love was named one of the top 10 chocolatiers in North America. He will present a sea of chocolate concoctions this fall during the inaugural Caribbean season of the Regal Princess and continuing fleetwide throughout the next year.
"Around the world there's incredible passion for chocolate, as evidenced by ever-growing consumption and the plethora of specialty varieties," said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. "So we're excited to partner with one of the best chocolatiers in the world to bring some additional moments of decadence and delight to our guests with truly amazing chocolate experiences that we know they'll love!"
"One thing is for certain, chocolate makes people happy," said Love. "So what I create and what Princess Cruises offers its guests are quite similar – what could make people smile more than savoring decadent chocolate creations while enjoying their cruise vacation? I think we have a winning combination."
The confectionary cruises will include the following sugary experiences:
- 15 decadent desserts created by Love for Princess Cruises will be offered on a rotational basis in the ships' main dining rooms, specialty restaurants (Sabatini's and Crown Grill) and Chef's Table experience. Examples of the desserts include a Chocolate Tart with Vanilla Mousse and Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pistachio Dome with Almond and Pistachio Nougatine, and a truly unique Chocolate Tiramisu with Mascarpone Cream and Espresso Gelato that shouldn't be missed. (Complimentary in main dining rooms. Specialty restaurants carry a cover charge.)
- Chocolate & wine pairings – In Vines, Princess' signature wine bar, wine and chocolate enthusiasts alike can sample Norman Love's exquisite Black™ Single Origin Dark chocolates paired with specific wine varietals designed to enhance the tasting experience, all selected by Love. (Extra charge)
- Captain's welcome reception treats – passengers can toast the start of their cruise with a glass of bubbly along with free "Chocolate Love Pop" truffles created by Love, at the signature welcome reception hosted by the Captain.
- Chocolate libations – the ships' lounges and bars will pour decadent chocolate drinks including a Chocolate Salted Caramel Hard Shake, Chocolate Bacon Bourbon Bliss or a Chocolate Chile Margarita. (Extra charge)
- Chocolate demos--pastry chefs will treat guests to entertaining and informative demonstrations so they can learn some simple tips for creating tasty chocolate treats for their family and friends back home. (Complimentary)
- Chocolate petits fours for formal night—these little Love bites will accompany the dessert menu presented to guests following the formal night dinner, for guests to enjoy as they peruse the evening's sweet endings.
Even chocolate-theme Spa treatments –yup, you can have a chocolate body treatment, scrub, mask or massage at the Lotus spa for an extra charge, of course.
Check out the video for some tidbits on chocolate and weight loss.