Princess Cruises announced details of its 2015 Europe season, which will run from May through October 2015. According to a March 13, 2014 press release received by Examiner, Princess’ 2015 Europe season will feature six ships, 10 embarkation cities, 45 itineraries, and 150 departures, and more than 120 ports of call.
Three ships will sail the Mediterranean and Black Sea. One of these ships will also offer three cruises to Norway.
- Caribbean Princess will homeport in Southampton and run several 14-night Mediterranean itineraries, one 14-night North Cape cruise, and one 7-night Norway cruise, from May 9 to Aug. 13, 2015. The Mediterranean cruises visit Corsica, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Genoa, Provence, and Gibraltar. The North Cape cruise, departing June 13, 2015, visits 10 ports in western and northern Norway, including the Lofoten Islands. The Norway cruises, departing July 11 and Aug. 29, visit four ports in western Norway.
- Emerald Princess will offer a number of 7-, 14-, 21-, and 28-night cruises spanning the Mediterranean and Black Seas. These cruises can be booked in segments that begin in Barcelona, Istanbul, Piraeus, or Civitavecchia between May 9 and Sept. 18, 2015. There are 27 itineraries in all, covering ports in Spain, France, Greece, Turkey, Montenegro, Malta, Tunisia and Bulgaria.
- Island Princess, which will make her Europe debut in 2015, will sail 12-night, one-way Mediterranean cruises to and from Venice and Barcelona and to and from Venice and Rome. There are several itineraries; ports of call include Barcelona, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Provence, Naples, Piraeus, Mykonos, and Istanbul. These cruises will run from May 22 to Oct. 25, 2015.
Three ships will sail the Baltic Sea and British Isles. The British Isles cruises include four itineraries that coincide with the Edinburgh Military Tattoo..
- Ocean Princess will offer four separate itineraries in northern Europe, roundtrip from Dover. The season begins with a 16-night North Cape cruise on June 4 that calls on nine ports in Norway, including Spitsbergen and the Lofoten Islands. She will then run 14-night Scandinavia and Russia on four dates between June 20 and Sept. 8, 2015 that the Kiel Canal, Latvia, and Lithuania. Within this time frame, there will also be three 8-night cruises to Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, and one 14-night cruise to Scotland, Denmark, Iceland, and Norway.
- Regal Princess, making her Europe debut in 2015, will offer 10- and 11-night roundtrip cruises that will visit ports in Norway, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, and Sweden. Passengers may embark in Copenhagen or Warnemunde (closest port to Berlin) on 11-night itineraries or from St. Petersburg on the 10-night itineraries. These cruises will depart between May 2 and Aug. 31, 2015.
- Royal Princess will be based in Southampton, from which she will run seven 12-night British Isles cruises and one Baltic Cruise between May 9 and Aug. 25, 2015. The British Isles cruises visit ports in England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and France. The Baltic cruise, a 12-night itinerary departing June 15, will visit ports in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, and Estonia.
The complete schedule of sailings, land tour add-ons, and repositioning cruises to and from the U.S. may be found on the Princess Cruises website. For more information, contact your travel agent or Princess Cruises.