Princess Cruises announced details of its 2015 Alaska season, which will feature two new ships for the region, 10 itineraries, 14 ports of call, and two new land tour add-ons to the Canadian Rockies. According to a March 13, 2014 press release received by Examiner, Princess’ 2015 Alaska season will run from May 9 to Sept. 12, 2015 from Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Whittier.
Three ships will sail roundtrip Inside Passage cruises.
- Crown Princess will homeport in Seattle and offer seven-night cruises to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, and either Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm. These cruises will depart every Saturday from May 23 to Sept. 12, 2015.
- Ruby Princess, which will make her Alaska debut in 2015, will offer seven-night cruises to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, and either Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm. These cruises will depart Seattle every Sunday from May 10 to Sept. 6, 2015.
- Golden Princess will homeport in San Francisco and run three, 10-night itineraries from May 12 to Sept. 9, 2015. Six sailings will visit Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, and Victoria; five will call on Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm, and Victoria; and two will go to Juneau, Ketchikan, Haines, Tracy Arm, and Victoria.
Four ships will sail one-way cruises in the Gulf of Alaska. The northbound cruises will call on Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, and College Fjord. The southbound cruises will replace Tracy Arm Fjord with Hubbard Glacier.
- Coral Princess will offer northbound cruises from Vancouver to Whittier every other Wednesday from May 13 to Sept. 12 and southbound cruises from Whittier to Vancouver every other Wednesday from May 20 to Sept. 9. She will also make a one-time, seven-night roundtrip cruise from Vancouver to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Glacier Bay on May 5.
- Grand Princess will sail northbound cruises from Vancouver to Whittier every other Saturday from May 9 to Aug. 29 and southbound cruises every other Saturday from May 16 to Sept. 5. She will be gin the season on May 4 with a one-time, five-night roundtrip cruise calling on Juneau and Ketchikan.
- Star Princess will offer northbound itineraries from Vancouver to Whittier on alternate Saturdays from May 16 to Sept. 5 and southbound cruises on alternate Saturdays from May 23 to Aug. 12.
- Pacific Princess, one of the line’s smallest ships, will depart Vancouver on northbound itineraries every other Monday from May 23 to Sept. 12 and make southbound sailings from Whittier on alternate Mondays from May 25 to Aug. 31. She will also make a six-night northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier, calling on Ketchikan, Juneau, Glacier Bay, and College Fjord, on May 19.
Princess will also offer two dozen cruisetours, including two options in the Canadian Rockies. A 12-night option visits Banff, Lake Louise, the Icefields Parkway, and Kelowna. The 14-night option relpaces Kelowna with Jasper National Park and Vancouver. These new tours are available as add-ons to northbound itineraries on Grand Princess or Star Princess. Other cruisetours include Denali National Park, the Kenai Peninsula, Fairbanks, and several customizable excursions.
The complete schedule of sailings and cruisetours may be found on the Princess Cruises website. For more information, contact your travel agent or Princess Cruises.