Before one is well acquainted with the fundamental basics of makeup application one just assumes that all you need is a clean face, a small dab of lotion and then foundation and you're all set!
We couldn't be so wrong! Apparently the best way to apply makeup is to start off with a primer that will enable the foundation to settle in a way to give off a flawless finish.
For those of us that are not familiar with makeup primers let alone how to use one, it's very important to start off with a good one.
There are makeup primers out there specifically for the eyes and for the face. This list is for makeup primers that are geared for the face and are well known for their legendary results. Here are 7 fool proof makeup primers for beauty newbies and veterans alike..
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer $20 sephora.com
2. Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer $42 sephora.com
3. Neutrogena Shine Control Primer $12 target.com
4. Clinique Superprimer Face Primer $27 clinique.com
5. bare Minerals 'Primetime' Foundation Primer $23 nordstrom.com
6. Physicians Formula Correcting Primer $11 drugstore.com
7. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer $10 sephora.com