A heart surgeon and health expert, Dr. Mehmet Oz has gained fame as a talk show host and best-selling author of books such as "YOU: Losing Weight: The Owner's Manual to Simple and Healthy Weight Loss." Winning Emmy Awards for its blend of holistic alternative medicine and traditional medicine, "The Dr. Oz Show" returns for its fifth season with a premiere week line-up that ranges from celebrity guests to holistic health help, reported Digital Spy on September 3. Get a sneak peek below.
Kicking off its premiere week on September 9, "The Dr. Oz Show" will include celebrity interviews with Steven Tyler, Duck Dynasty, Sweet Brown, Wayne Brady, Kandi Burruss, Kim Coles, Cheryl Burke, Melissa and Joe Gorga, Louie Armstrong and more. Dr. Oz will discuss options for easing back pain without surgery or drugs, and a new health feature on the show will include the "Truth Tube." This device consists of a vertical on-stage monitor to allow the audience and viewers to see what's going in the human body.
Among the highlights of premiere week:
- Steven Tyler and Dr. Oz will discuss addiction, including the holistic aspects, emotional components and physical challenges in overcoming it. On the show to offer his own insights will be the physician who helped Steven end his addiction, according to WZLX on September 4.
- Do you think you might have thyroid problems? Dr. Oz will explore that issue on September 12. In the past, his discussions of thyroid concerns have included holistic, natural supplements that can help your thyroid to function at its optimal level.
Season four has ended with the re-airing of some of Dr. Oz's most controversial shows, including:
- A discussion with Gwyneth Paltrow about the wheat-free diet that her entire family follows (click for the recap)
- Dr. Oz's own test of the green coffee bean extract supplement for weight loss (click for the recap)
- An interview with Joan Rivers about her bulimia and holistic anti-aging secrets (read here)