If you have postponed getting together activities for Presidents Day, don’t despair. TeachersPayTeachers offers a number of free and inexpensive resources for the holiday and specific heads of state. Quia hosts a number of free to play, teacher created interactive games.
- Guess the president hangman
- Rags to riches game covering the office and former presidents
- Free writing prompt and Lincoln-Washington compare and contrast activity with graphic organizer
- Ready-made Power Points on famous Americans, American Symbols & Landmarks,
- U. S. Founding documents, God Bless America choral reading and a patriotic choral reading. Each includes graphics to help visual learners absorb and remember. Choral readings are especially effective with reluctant readers or ESL students and both are free.
- Lincoln matching
- Abe Lincoln pop ups
- Celebrate the presidents of the United States with this bulletin board of 51 quotes, writing prompts and quick edits. covering every president from Washington to Obama.