It's a long holiday weekend for many of Americans. According to a My Bank Tracker news report published on Feb. 14, Presidents Day is a national holiday celebrated annually in the United States. The event not only honors the birthday and life of President George Washington, but also commemorates all past American presidents.
Presidents Day is a national holiday celebrated annually in the United States. The holiday is observed on the third Monday in February. This year, the observance takes place on Feb. 17, 2014
When is Presidents Day?
- Feb. 17, 2014
- Feb. 16, 2015
- Feb. 15, 2016
- Feb. 20, 2017
Some businesses, government offices and services will be closed in honor of President's Day 2014.
Presidents Day 2014: What is open and closed?
- Federal offices are closed on Presidents Day.
- Post offices are closed. There will be no regular residential or business mail delivery or pickup service on Presidents Day.
- UPS and Fed Ex will be operating as usual.
- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is closed in observance of the holiday.
- Depending on your location, state, county and many city offices are also closed. Transportation service may be impacted as well.
- Many banks across the nation will be closed on Monday.
- Depending on your location, some schools, credit unions and libraries are closed. Garbage pickup may or may not occur.
Please call ahead or visit the organization's website for information. And speaking of Presidents' Day, be sure to check out Presidents Day 2014 Events & Celebrations Across America and 25 Free Presidents Day Activities & Crafts for Kids.