Millions of Americans, along with the President of the United States, will be celebrating a long holiday weekend this weekend in honor of Presidents Day, a federal holiday celebrated annually in the United States. The event not only honors the birthday and life of President George Washington, but also commemorates all past American presidents. According to a Reuters article published on Feb. 15, President Barack Obama will be celebrating the long Presidents Day weekend golfing with a few of his favorite golfing buddies at Sunnylands, a secluded retreat in southern California.
When is Presidents Day?
The federal holiday is observed on the third Monday in February.
- Feb. 17, 2014
- Feb. 16, 2015
- Feb. 15, 2016
- Feb. 20, 2017
Celebrations and events will take place all over America in honor of the occasion.
Presidents Day 2014 Celebrations and Events Across America
- National Parks - Visitors across the nation will enjoy FREE admission at National Parks in honor of Presidents Day weekend from Feb. 15 - 17, 2014.
- George Washington's Mount Vernon - In honor of George Washington's birthday, get FREE admission to his home and burial site from 8 - 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014. The wreath laying ceremony takes place at 10:00 a.m.
- JFK Presidential Library and Museum - Visitors 17 and under will get free admission to the JFK Library on from 10:30 - 4:00 p.m. on Feb. 17, 2014. If you are 18 or older, use the special "buzzword" "COCONUT" at the front desk, and you'll get $2 off your admission charge.
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum - The 22nd Annual Presidents Day Celebration takes place from 10 - 3:00 on Feb. 17, 2014. All American-food, story telling, crafts, music and president and first lady lookalikes will all be part of the big birthday bash.
- Madame Tussauds Presidents Gallery - Stop by Madame Tussauds, in Washington D.C., for the Presidents Gallery Third Anniversary. All 44 United States Presidents are on display. The event takes place all weekend long.
- Presidents Weekend Holiday in VA - If you're in the mood for a little R & R, you're in luck! Head on over to Wintergreen, VA. for some youth races, freestyle demos, live entertainment and more.
- Google's Presidential Showcase - Download Google Earth and see a map of all the U.S. presidents, view their birthplaces and see a “progressions of the states that voted during each president’s election. “ You can even see the White House in 3D.
- Portraits of the Presidents and First Ladies - Everything you ever wanted to know about our former presidents and first ladies.
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site - Get a special tour in the president's home on Presidents' Day.
- Children's Museum Indianapolis - Stop by the Children's Museum for a special appearance by President Abraham Lincoln! Admission for adults will be $5 and $1 for youths on Feb. 17, 2014.
For more Presidents' Day information, please visit: