Presidents' Day, also known as Washington's Birthday, is right around the corner. This year, Presidents' Day is observed Monday, February 18, 2013. It is a federal holiday and many Americans are wondering, "Are banks open on Presidents' Day 2013?"
Presidents' Day is also a federal USPS post office holiday, and most banks in the Providence, Rhode Island area are closed as well. You'll need to finish your banking by the close of business on Friday, February 15, or Saturday, February 16 for Rhode Island banks that are open on Saturday. Banks that are closed on Presidents' Day will reopen for normal business on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
TD Bank Stores, Citizens Bank Kiosks are Open on Presidents' Day!
TD Bank will be open on Presidents' Day, February 18, 2013. Unlike most banks that are closed, TD Bank stores will be open normal business hours for all banking needs. Citizens Bank branches are apparently closed for business, however, their supermarket kiosk banks are open on Presidents' Day.
Rhode Island Banks that are Closed on Presidents' Day
Here in the Providence, Rhode Island area, the following banks observe Presidents' Day, and their lobby and drive-up windows are closed. Local ATM machines are almost always open unless they're inside a bank lobby. Call first to be sure.
TD Bank stores ARE open on Presidents' Day, Feb. 18.
Webster Bank's holiday schedule shows that their banks are not open on Presidents' Day.
Citizens Bank holiday schedule shows that their bank branches are closed on Presidents' Day.
Washington Trust's Bank Holiday Schedule shows the bank is not open on Presidents' Day.
Sovereign Bank offices will be closed to observe the 2013 Presidents' Day holiday.
Coastway Credit Union observes Presidents' Day on Monday, February 18, 2013.
Greenwood Credit Union's holiday schedule reports the bank is closed Presidents' Day.
Bank of America offices and banking centers will be closed in observance of Presidents' Day.
2013 Bank Holidays (with exceptions)
- Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 - New Year’s Day (Observed)
- Monday, Jan. 21, 2013 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday (see TD Bank)
- Monday, Feb. 18, 2013 - Washington's Birthday (Presidents' Day) (see TD Bank)
- Monday, May 27, 2013 - Memorial Day (see TD Bank)
- Thursday, July 4, 2013 - Independence Day (see TD Bank)
- Monday, Aug. 12, 2013 - Victory Day (some banks are closed this day)
- Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 - Labor Day (see TD Bank)
- Monday, Oct. 14, 2013 - Columbus Day (see TD Bank)
- Monday, Nov. 11, 2013 - Veterans Day (see TD Bank)
- Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013 - Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013 - Christmas Day
- Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014 - New Year's Day
Sources: Citizens Bank, Washington Trust, Bank of America, Sovereign Bank, Coastway Credit Union, Greenwood Credit Union, TD Bank
Photo Credit: Most Banks are Closed, Not Open on Presidents' Day February 18, 2013; www.sxc.hu emsago