Director of Wyoming Gun Owners asks for Maureen Emrich to step down.
Maureen Emrich, President of Wyoming Family Coalition, has apparently become a mouthpiece for the Mead Campaign. But not on the issues one would expect. To the contrary Emrich has decided to act as if she is an expert on gun rights. To read Emrich’s letter click here
These are the same kind of insider politics that have become the norm with ineffective lobby groups, including the NRA. Instead of standing for principles, they opt to sell-out and compromise, only leading to furthering the opposition’s agenda. We call this the proverbial seat at the table.
Being a Wyoming Gun Rights Advocate, I expect attacks on my character from career politicians, but not from a conservative advocacy group’s leader. Like me, you should find it disturbing that Emrich left out the most important part - THE TRUTH. As usual I pride myself in delivering factual information, so please listen to the following conversation with Maureen Emrich. click here
Emrich’s letter is strikingly similar to the Mead Campaigns rhetoric, however Bill Novotny from the Mead Campaign denies that they had anything to do with Emrich’s letter. My hunch is that a lower level campaign aid was involved and Maureen Emrich was foolish to take the bait!
Since she threw gun rights under the bus for political gain, it reveals that Emrich is calling plays right out of “the book of compromise”. Following are the facts that Emrich was so eager to overlook:
2. Matt Mead stated he was just doing his job, but I contend he ignored the oath he took to uphold the Constitution.
3. Mead admitted that as a U.S. Attorney he had the ability to recues himself from a case, but he chose not to do so in Wyoming vs. BATF.
4. Mead has been disingenuous by reporting he never had contact with me, the truth is Mead spoke with me by phone, not just once, but twice. Mead said about Wyoming vs. BATF - quote - “I was just doing my job” and “you should see my gun collection”.
5. Mead is misleading in telling his supporters that he knows me as “some blogger from California”. Mead is fully aware of my position as a gun rights advocate in Wyoming.
MORE REVEALING INFORMATION–
6. Mead supports the Patriot Act, in his own words he stated and I quote - “You’re not going to like my answer, I support the Patriot Act”. If you don’t know what the Patriot Act is click here
By writing an editorial without verifying facts, Maureen Emrich, President of a group that says it stands for conservative principles, has seemingly become nothing more than a marionette puppet with politicians pulling her strings. Look out - Emrich’s nose might start growing!
To put this more directly, Emrich has no business sticking her nose where it doesn’t belong!
Clearly, if Emrich can so easily attack those who have consistently defended Gun Rights, it will call into question her ability to lead a “conservative” organization in Wyoming, PERIOD.
Wyoming Conservatives, especially the “gun bearing” types, should contact the Wyoming Family Coalition and ask that Maureen Emrich immediately submits her resignation. Not only is their credibility at stake. But it is apparent that under her leadership their organization has only become part of the problem in Wyoming politics.
For Wyoming Family Coalition contact info click here
Anthony Bouchard is a staunch supporter of the Bill of Rights and limited government - he is also the Director of WyGO - Wyoming Gun Owners Association, Wyoming's Only No-Compromise Gun-Rights Organization.