This article will discuss how healthful exercise can bring exciting peak experiences. Preppers’ motivations to exercise will weaken if they approach exercise as a necessary drudgery that should be done only for health reasons.
Examples of peak experiences during exercise might be:
- Teaching your children sports skills and sharing their excitement as they learn these skills.
- Talking with your family members while you all are walking, jogging, or bicycling.
- Walking, jogging, or bicycling with your family dog.
- Walking, jogging, or bicycling alone as you sort out your thoughts and enjoy nature.
- Snorkeling above underwater vegetation and feeling as if you are gliding over a dense jungle.
- Being “in the zone”during a sporting event, thus resulting in your top athletic performance.
- Enjoying the experience of a shower while you are feeling totally alive immediately after your exercise session.
- Feeling the pleasant soreness of your muscles the day after your exercise session.
- Feeling elated as you experience the improvement in your appearance, strength, endurance, flexibility, agility, and health.
- Feeling the pride of being a good role model for your family.
- Feeling the security of knowing that you have a healthy way to deal with the stresses that you encounter.
Preppers do not view the world through rose colored glasses. They do not deny the hard times that might be in our future. Because of this realistic, proactive view of the world, it is too easy for them to overlook the potential for joy in the present. Thus, they would do well to enjoy the peak experiences that come from exercise.
What type of exercise do you do? What are the benefits that you receive? Please comment below.