It's graduation season, and with that comes along parties and the obligation to give a gift. Most people give a gift of money for graduation, but if you don't have a lot of cash to spare, you may need some alternative ideas.
One way is to give the gift of being prepared. There are many ways you can help your new grad be prepared for whatever might come his or her way.
High School graduation:
- First aid kit.
- A sick kit that includes aspirin, chicken soup, a warm blanket and a thermometer.
- Laundry supplies such as detergent, a laundry bag and a roll of quarters.
- Personal care items such as flip flops, a shower basket and an oversize bath towel.
- A tool kit with basic tools such as a screwdriver set, wrench, hammer and duct tape.
- First apartment supplies such as a set of utensils, kitchen towels or cooking gadgets.
- Books on self sufficiency topics such as cooking, food preservation, container gardening, plant and animal identification, survivalism and more. Pick these up at a local thrift store or discount book store such as Half Price Books.
- A tool kit, first aid kit for the apartment or car.
- Homemade preserved foods such as dehydrated apples, pineapple or beef jerky.