Are you a Baltimore-area expectant mother who could use a little extra cash to fill up your baby's nursery or perhaps buy a few more maternity clothes for yourself? If so, you could be eligible to participate in a paid research study being conducted by the University of Maryland Nursing School.
First time moms who are due in April, May, and June of this year are needed for the study. Researchers want to survey local moms about the factors that influenced their decisions about childbirth.
Fifty participants are needed and those who complete the approximately four hour study will be compensated with $150. Enrollment in the study will include participating in a focus group and sharing your birthing experiences in a post-delivery phone interview.
To qualify to enroll participants must:
- Be between 21-36 years old
- Be due in April, May, or June 2010
- Not have taken any medication to get pregnant
- Have experienced an uneventful pregnancy
- Have no anticipated complications that would either limit birthing options or require a scheduled c-section
For more information on the study or to apply email or call Mary Reagan at 410-706?1175.