With pre game parties underway, it is a treat to serve your guests delicious food. Here are a couple of recipes for stand out appetizers that are easy, tasty, and will be requested again and again.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion or chives
1 large tomato, seeded, drained and diced
1 pound bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Mix all the ingredients together except the tomato and bacon.
- Chill until it's time to serve. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and tomato.
- Serving suggestion, serve with toast points or quarters, toasted pita triangles, chips, scoops, or crackers. Raw veggies are really good with this dip as well.
12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
12 ounces chicken, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
12 whole water chestnuts, halved
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken and water chestnut pieces.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Place 1 chicken piece and 1 chestnut piece in the center of each bacon-half, wrap, and secure with a toothpick.
Broil: Place the Rumaki on a broiler pan or shallow baking pan and broil, about 5 or 6 inches from the heat, until the bacon is crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Bake: Bake the appetizers in a 375° oven for 20 to 25 minutes.