Valentine's Day is February 14, and children will be looking forward to the cards, candy and celebrations. Channel their anticipation into educational endeavors with free printable worksheets. The following websites offer free pages that put a Valentine's Day twist on the language arts skills that students need.
- Minds in Bloom offers a printable Mad Libs page for Valentine's Day, as well as a mixed-up homophones story. The story is not designed as a printable page, so you may want to copy and paste it into a word processing program for easy printing.
- Have Fun Teaching has a worksheet on which children rearrange the letters of the words "Valentine's Day" to form new words.
- Education.com has a large selection of Valentine's Day pages for preschoolers and elementary students, including a creative writing prompt and a word challenge. Junior high students will enjoy an exercise on the history of the holiday. A free membership to the site is required for printing their resources.
- Laura Ado on Teachers Pay Teachers offers two free Valentine's Day Word Work pages.
- TLS Books has alphabetical order and acrostic poem pages, plus decorative lined paper for writing assignments. This website lists all holiday worksheets on one page; scroll about halfway down to access the Valentine's Day resources.
- Lanternfish has crossword puzzles, a word scramble and a rhyming page for practicing Valentine's Day vocabulary words.
- Jenna Rayburn on Teachers Pay Teachers has a free idioms booklet and related Valentine's Day craft.
- Teachnology offers several Valentine's Day worksheets, including a reading comprehension page and a vocabulary quiz. Their group creative writing page could easily be adapted for individual use.
Illinois education law requires that homeschooling parents provide instruction in language arts for their children, and these worksheets will make that instruction fun and festive for your kids. Your students will enjoy practicing spelling, vocabulary and reading comprehension with these free Valentine's Day printables.