Seeking a different way to achieve your 2014 New Year's resolutions to lose weight and shape up? Search engine giant Google just released a new report that can help. It shows the most frequently searched-for diets and workouts in 2013, reported Health magazine on Dec. 20.
From high protein Paleo to low carb ketogenic diets, from CrossFit to Insanity, here are the results and tips on how to use them to achieve your own weight loss goals:
- Most popular diet: Paleo. It's high in protein while eliminating sugar, gluten and processed foods. Read about experts' views by clicking here.
- Most popular workout: Insanity. Created by Shaun T, the exercise program takes you through the paces while providing different levels of exertion. Read about Shaun's recent appearance on Dr. Mehmet Oz's talk show and his tips on burning up to 1,500 calories per day by clicking here.
- Most popular lifestyle diet: Mediterranean. Researchers say that in addition to boosting your brain, it can help you shed pounds: Click here for details.
- Most popular hardcore workout: CrossFit. Get the views of "The Biggest Loser" trainer Bob Harper on why he views this as the best by clicking here.
- Most popular short-term diet: Juice cleanses. Experts emphasize that these plans should be followed only for a short period of time. Find out about a three-day juice detox diet recently featured on Dr. Oz's talk show by clicking here.
- Most popular exercise that provides overall health benefits: Back workouts. Learn about how the MELT method can ease your pain by clicking here.