Are you still looking for some cute Valentine’s Day crafts with your kids? Maybe you still want to make some cards for the grandparents or your spouse and need an easy way to decorate them.
You probably already have everything you need for this fun craft in your kitchen. So go ahead and check if you have a potato at home, since you are going to make a heart shaped stamp out of it now.
If you are like me, and you can’t always cut a perfect heart, go ahead and get a heart shaped cookie cutter out as well.
What you need:
- Paint – any colors will do, but if you want to stick with the Valentine’s theme, stick to reds, pinks, and purples
- Tray – you can also use a paper plate or some aluminum foil
- Paper or cardstock
- Cookie cutter – optional
- Take a potato that is big enough to cut a heart into it, and cut it in half.
- Use your knife and cut a heart into the potato, discarding everything around the heart. To make this step a lot easier, take your cookie cutter and push it into the potato. Now take your knife and chip off all the pieces of the potato that are around the cookie cutter. When you remove the cookie cutter you are left with a perfect heart shape.
- Squeeze some paint on to your tray, paper plate or aluminum foil.
- Dip the potato into the paint and then stamp your heart on to the paper or cardstock.
You can now decorate cards, pillows, or anything else that deserves a heart stamp on it.
Extra Tip: Experiment with different colors, dipping your potato in several colors before stamping it on to the paper and see what effects you can create that way.