For nearly two weeks, Joyce Littel was told that she would not be part of V-103's Quiet Storm but what is the real reason? Sure, we know that Joyce is the type of person to not pull a Conan and bash her station as to why they fired her. In fact, Joyce is more likely to take the high road and promote her old station giving them credit for allowing her to pursue her company Littel Concepts. But, we went deeper inside the trenches, gathered speculation and came up with some possible scenarios.
None of the information you are about to read has been confirmed by CBS Radio's Reggie Rouse or Rick Caffey. Keep in mind that these are just educated guesses as to what is happening by a spectator.
1. Last year we saw extended leaves of Frank Ski. It seemed like we all enjoyed the morning antics of Ryan Cameron for extended periods of time. As a matter of fact, you can remember a day when the character "Miss Sophia" and Frank's sidekick Wanda Smith asked listeners to call in and say how much they loved Ryan on the morning show. Meanwhile, Frank was on vacation.
2. Frank Ski filled in for the legendary and 10-yr older Donnie Simpson (56) at WPGC in the DC area. Maybe WPGC ran out of people at their own station to fill in for a vacationing on-air personality or maybe the DC waters were being tested for a return of Frank Ski (Rodriguez). If you are judging by the love on Frank Ski's Facebook page, DC is thirsty to have Frank back on their airwaves and he will be welcomed back with open arms and a hot meal.
3. Osei (aka the Dark Secret) hosts the Ryan Cameron show often when Ryan was hosting the morning show or while Ryan was out.
4. Joyce Littel was on a scheduled "break" last summer. The station had several people fill in as host of the Quiet Storm. Among the many that hosted, Soul Food's Nicole Ari Parker and hubby Boris Kodjoe. It is rumored that Nicole and Boris have been picked up and produced by a member of CBS Radio staff and will in fact be Joyce Littel's replacement but in a syndication format.
5. CBS Radio is currently advertising for radio personalities for their WAOK/WVEE station. Unconfirmed insider reports say that the station is looking for a person who can fill in to do traffic reports as well. All this but in during the morning shift.
Now if you are keeping track of what has been mentioned, V-103 looks to be in the midst of an interesting shake up. A shake up that would mean the following could happen within 1 year:
Ryan Cameron takes over the morning show. Ryan hires Rashan Ali as his sidekick and makes sure Akini is there to produce. All were buddies over at Hot 107.9.
Frank Ski takes over Donnie Simpson's position at WPGC in DC. Whether or not he brings Wanda, Nina or Miss Sophia is up in the air. Donnie Simpson will leave WPGC on January 29th 2010.
Osei may be named the successor to Ryan Cameron's current afternoon show once Ryan moves to the mornings at V-103.
Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe go into syndication the same way as Live in the Den with Big Tigger. They take their real life relationship to the airwaves, complete with cooing, and take over the Quiet Storm. (Nicole reaches 40yrs of age this year, Boris will be 37yrs of age in March.)
- Who do you think makes out best in this new possible scenario? Is this a question of someone lining their pockets for personal gain? Is this a very savvy business move?
- Is the Soul Food power of Nicole and Boris' relationship a gain for Atlanta's big station via syndication?
- Is Frank Ski a better fit for DC or is he King of the South radio?
- Ryan Cameron's afternoon show is really a fun morning show, would you rather hear Ryan in the morning than the afternoon?
- Should Porsche Foxx get chance number 3 or should Osei take over Ryan's show if Ryan moves to the morning?
- Is Wanda or Rashan Ali a better fit for Ryan?
- Miss Sophia, over-done or necessary to promote laughter in the mornings?
All these questions and more... again, these are your opinions and not necessarily facts. Speak up and let the powers that be read what you have to say. Talent is talent.
P.S. We love Conan and in no way suggested he did anything inappropriate. Conan is a comedian and exited in a very funny way. We are all for the underdog and hate to see when big companies seemingly take advantage of the little fish, even if that little fish walks away with 32.5 million dollars.