Winter in Portland is a constant low hung ceiling of grey clouds, sunbursts from time to time and the rest of winter means rain. Sounds dreary, right? Well, it can be.
So, how does the Portland fashionista keep her fashion fabulous attitude above the gloom and doom?
Thanks to Leanna NYC, Bonnet Boutique, model Lauren Jewels and PDX fashion photographer Travis Geny we put together some stylish ideas to help the Portland glam girl stay steady with her razzle dazzle no matter what the weather outside.
Excited? Check out the slideshow.
Here are my five how to beat the wintertime fashion blues from throwing you into a style gutter.
1. Hats: Yes, Bonnet Boutique has a variety of styles, colors, character-pieces, trendy hats, retro and vintage inspired for both men and women. Bonnet hat fashion savvy experts will even customize your hat for you. A hat is a game changer and a simple way to ignite the fashion rocket launchers even when you’re brain is frozen and can’t think straight about what to wear.
2. Jewel tones: Dresses, coats and hats in luxurious jewel tones are eye popping and a pleasant way to say yes, fashion game on.
3. Lace accents and lady like silhouettes add the VA VA vroom to everyday street clothes.
4. Moto jackets in fabrics other than leather fitted at the waist go with everything from denim to dresses. I give you permission to own many. This trend is here to stay. Make sure to get a proper fit proportionate to your figure.
5. Swing coats are just another way to dump that go-to clunker coat in the closet. Check out the one Lauren is wearing in the slideshow above from Leanna NYC fashion boutique in the Pearl. Happy New Year 2014.