New York City’s Central Park is a great place for fun, leisure and entertainment. The large urban park, located in the middle of the city, covers nearly 843 acres of land, housing a plethora of landmarks and attractions that can suit the interests of kids as well as adults. More than twenty five million people visit the Central Park every year, making it one of the most visited tourist attractions in New York City. If you wonder what the most popular things to do in New York City’s Central Park are, then here are some suggestions.
- Walking: There can’t be any better way than by taking a walking tour to explore this mammoth park. You can discover all the important attractions of the park at your own pace, either with a tour guide or using an audio tour. The park opens every day, giving you plenty of time to wander around and get lost! If you are on an adventure tour during your New York holidays, then you must go for a walk following one of the numerous trails in the Central Park.
- Ice-Skating: If you are in NYC in winter, then you would love to go ice skating at its open air ice rink. Enjoy the cool, crisp winter air on your face, as you whirl around the open air ice rink. Ice Skating is one of the most popular things to do in New York City’s Central Park for tourists taking flights to New York in winter.
- Skiing: You will be surprised to see excellent skiing opportunities at the Central Park. Some of the most well-known skiing venues are Sheep Meadow and the Great Lawn. Skiing is definitely one of the top things to do in New York City’s Central Park, with its snow base of at least six inches.
- Bird-Watching: Central Park is an oasis for migrating birds. It is an excellent area for bird watchers who can enjoy the sights of over two hundred species. Moreover, the park also has to offer views of many wildlife attractions. One of the highly popular things to do in New York’s Central park is to walk in the Conservatory Garden and watch birds.
- Biking: The Park has a running track and an outdoor amphitheater. There are six miles of drives in the park which are used every day by bicyclists, joggers, walkers, and skateboarders. Biking is a fantastic activity to have fun here and also one of the most popular things to do in New York’s Central Park.
- Entertainment: The Central Park is home to many theatres, such as the Public Theater and the Delacorte Theatre, which have served as venues for musical performances by artists like Bob Marley, Elton John and Carole. Keep yourself entertained at these theatres and have fun in the Central Park.
- Kids Attractions: Kids will also find a lot of interesting things to do in New York City’s Central Park. They can tour the Central Park Zoo, enjoy the sights of wonderful wildlife, enjoy dramatic performances at a theatre, go boating, ride the carousel or a horse carriage, and enjoy free entertainment shows by street performers.