Sometimes simple is best. Article titles can sometimes be fun to come up with something catchy or a play on words.
Today we need as Catholics, Christians is the simple statement of pray and fast!
The Pope calling us to pray and fast on September 7, 2013, speaks to the seriousness of the evil taking place in Syria.
Some readers may ponder on whether the use of the word evil is too strong of a word, but anytime human life is at risk...anytime another person or group want to intentionally do something contrary of life giving...anytime a a group is targeted with a purpose of ill intent....it is evil.
Thus, Catholics, Christians need to...must make the joined effort to pray and fast on this upcoming Saturday. And more!
Do you feel called to add to this day of prayer and fast?
Below are suggestions to be "active" with your involvement:
1. Pray the rosary that day and each day for the rest of September. Already pray a rosary a day?
2. Add another rosary? Pray the full 20 decade rosary, with all mysteries.
3. Start a Daniel Fast on the 7th of September for 21 or 40 days.
4. Make a one day absolute fast.
5. Pray a novena starting Saturday with the specific intention for Syria.
6. Encourage church/faith families to rotate with you at the church for adoration hours dedicated specifically for Syria.
7. Abstain from something you normally enjoy and offer it up during your prayer for that day or more.
This is just a short list of suggestions on how we as Catholics, Christians can be united in this great need for world wide prayer and sacrifice.