The Independent reported today that police are zeroing in on a bloody cricket bat found at the scene where super model Reeva Steenkamp was found shot dead in the home of Oscar Pistorius on Valentine’s Day.
Police have working up theories associated with that bloody cricket bat which include:
- It was used by Pistorius to beat his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp;
- Steenkamp used the cricket bat to defend herself against Pistoroius; and
- Pistorius used the bat to break down the bathroom door where Steenkamp had taken refuge.
In addition to Steenkamp being shot four times in the head and hand, we’re also finding out now that her skull was crushed.
An inside source was quoted as saying:
"There was lots of blood on the bat. Forensic tests will show whose blood it was.”
Police are also reported to have requested that Pistorius undergo blood tests for drugs, specifically steroids, working on the theory that “roid rage” on Pistorius’ part may have played a part in the model’s killing.
Pistorius has been detained by police in Pretoria, South Africa since Steenkamp’s death. He is scheduled to be request bail this Tuesday.
The family of Pistorius’ slain girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, will also be holding a memorial service for Reeva that same day.
- Slain model Reeva Steenkamp to appear in pre-recorded reality TV show (Photos)
- Pistorius breaks down in court, denounces murder charges
To receive e-mail alerts to Richard's Domestic Crimes articles, Subscribe Here to Get Instant Updates.
E-mail alerts are free, private and secure, and you won't get any ink on your fingers.