Polenta is wonderful with almost anything and here's the world's easiest and possibly yummiest recipe. Courtesy of Les Dames d' Escoffier's latest cookbook:
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Polenta, coarse grind
- 1 t salt
- 2 T Butter
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375. In 9” X 13” baking dish, whisk together the water, milk, polenta, and salt.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and whisk the polenta.
- Stir in the butter, and half of the cheese.
- Smooth the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes