The meatballs had been stuffed with pills. Also, a candle and approximately $1.50 in quarters were left on the plate. The content of the suspected poisoned capsules have not yet been identified.
Last year, a dog died in the Twin Peaks area from ingesting strychnine, a poison commonly used to kill rodents.
In February, 35 poisoned meatballs, tested to also have been laced with strychnine, were found in the same area hidden in such places as carports, stairwells, under bushes, and other places dogs would likely sniff out on their walks.
There have been no suspects apprehended.
Yelp's CEO, dog loving Jeremy Stoppelman, who often can be seen walking his dog, Darwin, has offered a $23,000 reward for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the culprit who is trying to kill dogs in San Francisco. Also adding to the now total reward of $25,000 is the Animal Legal Defense Fund and SF Dog.
If you have any information, please call (415) 575-4444.
If you would like to continue receiving the latest news on pet issues and how we can help those who cannot speak, please click the "Subscribe" icon.
Follow the National Pet Rescue Examiner on Facebook by clicking here. Please visit and "like" my page. You are welcome to submit story ideas by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.