John Podesta, the new "executive power" czar, signaled that the White House House would take even more unilateral action bypassing Congress, and justified it by comparing the GOP to a murderous cult, Townhall reported Wednesday, citing an article at Politico magazine.
Politico's Glenn Thrush said he was told that Podesta's hiring "represents the clearest sign to date of the administration’s interest in shifting the paradigm of Obama’s presidency through the forceful, unapologetic and occasionally provocative application of White House power.
“They need to focus on executive action given that they are facing a second term against a cult worthy of Jonestown in charge of one of the houses of Congress,” Podesta reportedly told Thrush.
"That's right," Conn Carroll wrote at Townhall. "Obama's new counselor, the man in charge of saving his presidency, believes the Republican Party is a murderous cult and that this justifies Obama's extra-constitutional use of executive power."
This is not the first time Podesta -- nicknamed “Skippy” by subordinates in the Clinton White House for having a "short fuse" -- has suggested Obama bypass Congress and effectively rule like a dictator.
After Democrats got shellacked in the 2010 midterm elections, his group, the Center for American Progress, suggested Obama use all of his executive authority -- including his power as Commander-in-Chief of the military -- to push his progressive agenda.
Carroll suggested every Republican in Washington, D.C., read Thrush's article. He also suggested Republicans who plan to work with Democrats on immigration reform read the article twice before agreeing to work with their more liberal counterparts.
"Whatever legislation you write with Democrats, and Obama signs into 'law,' will not be worth the paper it is printed on," he warned.
Podesta, he added, believes Republicans are evil, and that is sufficient justification for Obama to take whatever action he wants regardless of the law.
"That is the new normal in Washington as long as Obama is still president," he concluded.
Many on the left, including elected Democrats, have said they want Obama to rule like a dictator, but others, like the Cato Institute's Michael Cannon, have warned Obama's behavior could spark an armed revolt.
- GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy: Obama's disregard for the law at 'an unprecedented level'
- Expert to Congress: Obama's illegal behavior could spark armed revolt
- Liberal think tank says President can use military to push progressive agenda
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Singer James Taylor: Americans need to 'sacrifice' freedom to protect society
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat'l defense
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war
- Texas judge warns of possible civil war, U.N. takeover if Obama wins
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.