Starting in January 2014, the John Ed Keeter Public Library will be offering PlayAway audio books for the family to checkout. The PlayAway device comes pre-downloaded with the entire audio book and the device is about half the size of a deck of cards. Library customers will no longer have to worry about carrying around a box of CDs or worry about discs getting scratched and not playing or learning how to download an audiobook to their mobile device. These compact PlayAway devices will hold the audio for an entire book, up to 60 hours of playtime. Library customers will have the ability to plug in their personal headphones and one AAA battery (not included) into the PlayAway device and workout at the gym or stay warm inside the house with this little device tucked into their pocket. For those who like to travel in their vehicle and listen to a good book, a library customer can plug in one end of their personal auxiliary cable into the PlayAway device and the other end of the cable into their vehicle’s AUX port.
Upcoming PlayAway titles for January 2014 include:
- Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House Book No. 3) by Mary Pope Osborne
- High Time for Heroes (Magic Tree House Book No. 51) by Mary Pope Osborne
- The Copernicus Legacy: The Forbidden Stone by Tony Abbott
YOUNG ADULT TITLES
- Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Blindsided (Sisterhood) by Fern Michaels
- First Love by James Patterson, Emily Raymond, and Sasha Illingworth
- Enders (Starters) by Lissa Price
- Dark Bites: A Short Story Collection by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Under the Wide and Starry Sky: A Novel by Nancy Horan
- Fear Nothing (A Detective D.D. Warren Novel) by Lisa Gardner
- A Feast of Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire Book No. 4) by George R.R. MartinHazardous Duty (A Presidential Agent Novel) by W.E.B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV
For more information and to view a demonstration of the device, visit the library at 355 W. McLeroy Blvd. in Saginaw.