On May 7, 2013, gamers will be immersed in a world gone awry where survival is more a way of life than just an instinct. Naughty Dog’s “The Last of Us” has been impressing the gaming public since its announcement in 2011, a easy feat considering the award-winning developer’s previous games. Being such a highly anticipated title, it’s unavoidable that the game would find itself bundled into a special edition release; and according to an announcement made on the Official Playstation Blog today, the inevitable has happened.
Coinciding with the launch of the $59.99 regular retail version of the game, “The Last of Us” will also come bundled in two differing editions. The first and cheapest bundle is the Survival Edition, which will retail for $79.99. Included in the Survival Edition are:
- “The Art of The Last of Us” by Dark Horse
- “The Last of Us: American Dreams” # 1 – The first issue of the comic compendium to the game that looks deeper into Ellie’s past
- Sights and Sounds DLC Pack, which gives access to the official game soundtrack, PS3 dynamic theme, and PSN avatars
- Steelbook Edition of the game featuring artwork of the games main duo
For those that have done nothing but eat and breathe “The Last of Us” for the past two years, there is the Post-Pandemic Edition. For $159.99, this edition comes packaged with:
- 12” Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce
- “The Last of Us: American Dreams” # 1
- Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
- Survival DLC Pack, which includes multiplayer bonuses, bonus XP, melee booster, in-game currency, customizable character items, bonus Joel and Ellie skins
While there's plenty of time to pre-order the Survival Edition, the Post-Pandemic Edition is extremely limited. Details on reservations for the slightly more expensive bundle can be found exclusively at GameStop.com or by going to your local GameStop retailer.