Lititz in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Amish Country is just filled with quaint surprises, like small industries and delicious food. With all the attractions in Lancaster County, Lititz is a quaint town without the touristy feel.
With over two dozen covered bridges in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Dutch Country tourism has arranged five driving tours specializing in the covered bridges and other attractions. Spend a two day tour of the bridges and attractions laid out specifically for a weekend or mid-week getaway.
- Zook’s Mill Covered Bridge built in 1849 over the Cocalico Creek.
- Erb's Mill Covered Bridge built in 1849 over the Hammer Creek.
- Keller’s Mill Bridge was built in 1873 over the Cocalico Creek.
- Café Chocolate of Lititz specializing in Chocolate, this café offers lunch and dinner with delicious salads and soups and specialty hot and cold drinks.
- Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery since 1861, is the oldest pretzel baker in America making this delicious treat. See pretzels being made and get a lesson in pretzel twisting, but if you cannot wait until spring, you can purchase online here.
- Landis Mill Covered Bridge was built in 1873 over the Little Conestoga Creek.
For more information and map route for this itinerary go here, have a wonderful time, and don’t forget to bring your camera.
If you liked what you read, please Subscribe, and you will never miss another post from this U.S. Travel Examiner. Thanks for reading!