September 3, 2013
This is an all-around healthy meal in that it uses ground turkey, oatmeal as a filler and is served on a whole wheat roll.
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Whole wheat buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, oatmeal, 2 teaspoons oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey and lightly mix with hands.
- Shape mixture into 4 burgers, 3/4" thick.
- Place burgers on preheated grill or in prepared skillet. Cook 14-18 minutes, turning once. Internal temperature of the burger should reach at least 165° F.
- Top burger with slice of cheese during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Grill or toast buns.
- Place burger on grilled bun. Top with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and 1/2 teaspoon remaining oregano. Top with bun tops.