It’s Pixie tangerine time in the beautiful town of Ojai, California which also houses one of the country’s top budget spas, the Oaks at Ojai that is embracing the luscious fruit big time along with plenty of pampering and exercising.
Pixie tangerines are sweet, seedless, easy-to-peel orange orbs that are only grown in the Ojai Valley and have become as celebrated as the quaint town’s Pink Moment. Throughout the month of April 2014 the Oaks is offering Pixie-infused foods, spa treatments and packages. In addition to the aromatic scents of tangerines, the staff will be attired in orange-colored T-shirts and offering platters of Pixie wedges when you check into the spa. You will also drink Pixie-infused water and eat the tangerines whenever you get the yen.
Pixie pampering includes:
- Pixie tangerine seasonal scrub--a full body exfoliating using, guess what, tangerine essential oils along with fresh tangerines being squeezed into products table-side. A tangerine scrub exfoliates and the tangerine body lotion hydrates the skin. Guests leave with a Pixie to go
- Pixie pedicure, you guess it, Pixie juice is used in this treatment and added to the sugar scrub used on the feet and lower legs. A selection of tangerine colored lacquers are available along with many other colors. Guests leave with a Pixie to go
- Green cleansing drink with Pixie juice will be poured daily
- Chef Christine Denney will conduct a Pixie cooking demo on April 5, 10, 19 and 24 with three items including our Chocolate mouse infused with Pixie
- Pixie salads, a Pixie cupcake with Pixie marmalade topping as a dessert, Pixie Sweet Potatoes, Pixie and Pistachio Tapenade for seafood, Brussels Sprouts with Pixies and Balsamic Vinegar.
The Pixie package provides a room for five-night that includes meals, workouts, a complimentary Pixie Scrub treatment plus 50 percent off a second treatment.
About The Oaks at Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai offers 46 overnight accommodations, three tasty, calorie-conscious meals a day designed to promote weight loss, a choice of 15 daily fitness classes and evening entertainment and seminars.