United Career Fairs has an upcoming Pittsburgh Job Fair
Job Fair Information
Date: August 26,2014
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh-Monroeville Convention Center
101 Mall Blvd.
Monroeville, PA 15146
To Register go to the United Career Fairs website
Helpful job fair tips:
- Job Fairs - are they worth going to
- Collect Business Cards: Make sure to get a business card from anyone you meet so you can follow up with them and connect with them on LinkedIn. This will help them to remember who you are.
When you arrive, take a quick walk through the fair. Time is limited, and booths are crowded. Plan a route before stopping at booths to see your favorite companies. Save visits with the best prospects until after you’ve warmed up with a few
Take notes. After visiting several booths, it’s easy for conversations to run together, so take some notes so it's easier to remember who you spoke to and about what.
Master the mini-interview. Recruiters will expect you to introduce yourself, shake hands confidently, answer questions about your coursework or experience, and have an idea of the type of job you want. Finding out about the company is equally important. You might ask what the hiring process is like or what jobs are available for people with your education.
Follow my job search training tips on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/job-search-training
Join the 1 on 1 career help LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1-on-1-Career-Help-8136896/about
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RecruiterCori
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/recruitercori/
- LinkedIn Company Page: Sarammi Recruiting and Headhunting Specialists
- Sarammi Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/sarammifacebookpage
- Informing Job Seekers
- Sarammi Inc. Recruiting, Sourcing and Job Search Mentoring
- Job Searching Strategies
- Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Career Connection on Facebook
Resume Writing EBook
Straight Talk from a Recruiter: Resume Writing Strategies and Easy To Follow Techniques