Industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers maintain and repair factory equipment and other industrial machinery, such as conveying systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment.
Industrial machinery mechanics typically do the following:
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
Machinery maintenance workers typically do the following:
- Detect minor problems by performing basic diagnostic tests
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery
- Check the performance of machinery
- Test malfunctioning machinery to determine whether major repairs are needed
- Adjust equipment and reset or calibrate sensors and controls
Industrial machinery mechanics, also called industrial machinery repairers or maintenance machinists, keep machines in good working order. To do this, they must be able to detect and correct errors before the machine, or the products it produces, are damaged. Machinery mechanics use technical manuals, their understanding of industrial equipment, and careful observation to discover the cause of a problem.
Machinery maintenance workers do basic maintenance and repairs on machines. They are responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary.
Maintenance workers must follow machine specifications and adhere to maintenance schedules. They perform minor repairs, generally leaving major repairs to machinery mechanics.
In May 2012, median annual wages for industrial machinery mechanics and maintenance workers were:
- $46,920 for industrial machinery mechanics
- $40,620 for machinery maintenance workers
Pittsburgh Job Openings
Follow my job search training tips on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/job-search-training
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RecruiterCori
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/recruitercori/
- LinkedIn Company Page: Sarammi Recruiting and Headhunting Specialists
- Sarammi Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/sarammifacebookpage
- Informing Job Seekers
- Sarammi Inc. Recruiting, Sourcing and Job Search Mentoring
- Job Searching Strategies
- Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Career Connection on Facebook
Resume Writing EBook
Straight Talk from a Recruiter: Resume Writing Strategies and Easy To Follow Techniques