Pistachio cookies are a sweet, decadent treat at the holidays. Guests will love them and they make perfect gifts for people you want to spoil.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar, divided in half
1/4 c canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp almond extract
2 small boxes instant pistachio pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar
- Add oil, water, egg and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine pudding mix, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Blend into butter mixture.
- Stir in chopped pistachios.
- Form into small balls and roll in remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 F. for 15 - 18 minutes.