For those who need an introduction, Pinterest’s a place where users virtually pin images based on a particular theme or topic to virtual (bulletin) boards. Pinners can share their boards with others. Clicking on a pin sends you to the web page where the image is located. For some pins there are articles, directions for a craft project, or instructions on how to purchase the object in the image.
If you’re wondering what your church could do with its own Pinterest account, here are some suggestions:
- Let your congregation know about upcoming events.
- Post photos from church events.
- Recommend books or videos for the congregation.
- Have a board that shows your church’s mission and service projects.
- Suggest websites with inspirational devotions or art.
- Design a Stations of the Cross board with photos and prayers.
- Pin sermon podcasts or the pastor’s blog.
- Fundraise by making items to sell and pinning them to a board where viewers can purchase them.
- Share inspiring quotes and photos.
You can visit Practical Church Resources’ Pinterest board called "How churches can use Pinterest" for more suggestions and, if you haven’t already, set up an account for yourself or your church. Happy pinning!