Affairs of the Vine present the 11th annual Pinot Noir Summit on Saturday, March 16 from 12:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Herbst at the Presidio in San Francisco. This is an opportunity to taste cutting edge Pinot Noirs from various small producers who are reaching for the stars with their quality Pinot Noirs. Attendance is limited and only 350 tickets will be sold to Pinot lovers who have a passion for this interesting wine.
Attendees have the opportunity to pit their palates against the expert judging panel at the Pinot Noir Showdown, attend a Pinot Noir workshop and enjoy wines and discuss them with the winemakers at the Grand Awards Tasting and Ceremony.
Pinot Noir Workshops
- Pinot Noir: The Wine that speaks loudest from the Vineyard (12:30 – 1:45 p.m.) – Five winemakers from premier cool climate growing regions will discuss and share their personal insights into Pinot Noir
- Winemakers to Watch (1:45 – 3:00 p.m.) – Four talented young winemakers will answer roundtable questions and share a wine that demonstrates their style and winemaking philosophy.
Pinot Noir Showdown (3:00 – 5:30 p.m.)
- This is a distinctly different format from other wine-tasting events, attendees blind taste and judge 40 of the top wines.
Grand Awards Tasting and Ceremony (6:00 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Top Pinot Noir winemakers will showcase their wines with a Pinot-friendly selection of hors d’oeuvres.
- Pinot Noir Summit All Day Tickets: $125 – includes the Pinot Noir workshops, Showdown blind tasting and the Grand Awards Tasting and Ceremony
- Grand Awards and Ceremony Only: $75
Location: Herbst at the Presidio, 385 Moraga Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129
For more information: