For an easy-to-make snack or lunch, try French bread topped with cheese, pineapples, and mint. This easy recipe can be cooked in the microwave, the oven, or even in a toaster oven. It is an affordable meal, and the ingredients are easily found at the local grocery store.
The quantity of each ingredient will depend on how many you plan to make.
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded mild cheddar cheese
Fresh, chopped mint
- Slice the French bread. Not too thick, but not too thin either.
- Place the slices of bread on a plate.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each slice of bread, then repeat with the cheddar cheese.
- Add some chunks of pineapple, then sprinkle with the fresh mint.
- Place in your choice of oven, and warm until cheese melts.
- Try using different types of cheese.
- Use fresh pineapple for the best taste.
- Serve this dish with a smoothie that includes a vegetable.
Tell us how you use French bread in the comments, and visit the Frugal Recipes blog for more foods to try.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store for Beverages on a Budget and other cookbooks.