What is the best kind of article to write? One that writes itself!! Below is from an actual blog of sorts regarding the televangelist Joyce Meyer; although there are other public Christian figures mentioned. Your author has included the first 53 actual comments. It may be somewhat presumptuous, but the commenters seem to be mostly Christians. The original blogger is a pastor themself. The identities of the blogger and commenters have been concealed. All of the spelling and grammar has been left unedited. Enjoy!!
“JOYCE MEYER – TRUE OR FALSE?
One discussion here led to discussions about whether Joyce Meyer teaches the truth? Since she was then recommended and defended, I examined her teachings.
Let Us Reason Ministries offers DVDs and articles, including studies on the Word Faith movement. http://letusreason.org/. The following information comes from Joyce Meyer’s own words, drawn from the DVD, “Joyce Meyer - True Confessions of a Word Faith Teacher.”
Her influence is evident by the sales of nearly a million of her books a year. An example of the profits was cited at nearly a hundred million dollars a year in 2002. The ministry provided a $8,700,000 corporate jet for her, including two full time pilots. The ministry purchased five homes for them at $4,000,000. The ministry pays their bills, like taxes and landscaping. Her children are employed by the ministry at large sums of money. Joyce Meyer herself has a large personal salary listed at $900,000 a year. Her husband as Vice President, no conflict of interests there, receives another $450,000. So now then, (Blogger) ought to wonder over such self-indulgence. And yet, Joyce claims, “I don’t make anymore than I’m worth!”
Lavished lives ignore God's warnings about riches, especially for true gospel leaders. Would we draw near or distance ourselves from Joyce Meyer as a leader? (Blogger) is simply from the BIBLE SENSE about those “…supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.” (1 Timothy 6:3-5).
Joyce Meyer, uneducated and unskilled in doctrine, the Word Faith teachings are hers. She speaks at conferences with Word Faith teachers and Kenneth Copeland’s magazine features her. In spite of claims to the contrary, while she admits being a Word Faith teacher, (Blogger) says that is what she is teaching.
Joyce Meyer says, “Just as God created by using His faith through the power of spoken words, so do we. Man is a little god capable of creating in the same fashion as God did.” Have you noticed that Positive Confession works only in one direction, from the sucker in the pew to the teachers in their pulpits. Gullible people are ripe for deception. Does (Blogger) have a problem seeing how the wealthiest Positive Confession teachers have the longest mailing lists?
What does using your money as seed faith mean? Generally, give it to them. Give one car and get a hundred if you know the formula to control the laws: confess-and-possess, huff-and-puff, shake-and-bake, God becomes the puppet. Meyer says, “Actually, what we say today is what we end up living tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day.” We can speak positive thoughts about ourselves into the atmosphere and thereby prophesy. (Blogger) ought to what? Heed the Bible about how the false prophets and teachers exploit people through covetousness. (2 Peter 2:1-3).
Do you have her “God-kind” of faith? What is a God-kind of faith? BIBLE SENSE include (Blogger), that “faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1). Is there ever anything that God is simply hoping for or anything that God has not seen?
Joyce Meyer confesses, “I say every morning in my prayer time, I eat right, I look good, I feel good, and I weigh exactly what God wants me to weigh.” In (Blogger), ask why she got a face lift. Type in her name at google images and this gross hypocrisy is self-evident.
Joyce Meyer in her book, “Be Healed in Jesus’ Name,” claims, “We have been given assurance in God’s Word that He is the Healer and it is His will to heal everyone.” (p. 144). Does it really work? She said, “I tell you when somebody comes to me and says, ‘Oh, this stuff doesn’t work, I’d like to black both their eyes’.” But having breast cancer in 1989, (Blogger) would expect Bible leaders to practice what she is preaching. Meyer lives her own life by another standard, telling everyone that God will miraculously heal them, but denying her claims by going to surgery. We have her excuse on this, but what was the reason? She said, “It would have been a statement of the flesh of presumption, not faith.”
Joyce Meyer leads women in rebellion to the Word of God. From Genesis 3 and Eve taking the forbidden fruit, she said, “The blame game started in the garden… I’m not taking that rap anymore… Maybe Adam didn’t tell Eve, I don’t know.” (Blogger) asks of Joyce, then explain Eve speaking to the devil.
Joyce Meyer, like apostate William Branham, says of angels, “I believe that right now I speak some anointed statement to you that one of them bends over and says in my ear what I am supposed to say to you.” (Blogger) goes back to the Bible. We are to hear from the Spirit of God, not from deceiving and fallen angels. Foolishly, she preaches that we can command angels by speaking Scripture. Where in the Bible? Angels obey God’s words, not ours.
Joyce Meyer claims to receive direct revelations from God, yet she misses elementary truth. In her book, “The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make,” she describes Satan and the bad angels having their home in hell. Any (Blogger) would want to know where she gets that as direct revelation? What is her source? Revelation from whom? Because the devil has not been cast into hell yet.
Joyce Meyer claims, “I didn’t stop sinning until I finally got it through my thick head that I was not a sinner anymore.”(Blogger): Shouldn’t you see first check on what the Bible has to say about that? (Romans 6:11-13; 7:19-21; Galatians 2:16-17; James 1:14; 4:8; 5:19-20; 1 John 1:8; 2:19-21).
Joyce Meyer is like the Watchtower which corrupts the promise from Jesus, “Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42). The Jehovah’s Witness bible moves the comma to between “To day” and “shalt”, as if Jesus was simply telling him while emphasizing that day that he would some day be in paradise at a later time. No Greek scholar agrees. Calling upon (Blogger), who in the world talks like that? Why would you say, “I am telling you ‘today’." Obviously! So why say that? I am telling you “today” where you will be in a few days. No other place in the New World Translation does it apply this same sense of grammar. That is clearly for the purpose of writing their own theology into the Bible. So (Blogger) asks why the Word Faith teachers are just like the Watchtower rather than to agree with orthodox, historic Christianity? Only because in the Word Faith package they had to fit the Bible to their own theology too: Jesus had to suffer even more after the cross in order to pay the redemption price in hell - according to them.
Joyce Meyer claims in, “The Most Important Decision You’ll Ever Make,” (1991), “Because of our sin, He paid the price there. No plan was too extreme. Jesus paid on the cross and hell.” Meyer claims, “He was resurrected from the dead, the first born again man.” She says, “He had become sin. He was no longer the son of God, He was sin!” And she says, “Do you know something? The minute that blood sacrifice was accepted, Jesus was the first human being that was ever born again. Now that was real, it happened when He was in hell.” (Blogger) wants to know where that is in the Bible. Confused about herself as a sinner, she is confused about making God a sinner who needs to be born again. The Savior then needed to be saved. That is patently the heretical teachings of an apostate. Any (Blogger) says you have to choose between the Bible and the God to love or the one opposing Him through lies.
Meyer elaborates to explain how Jesus was held to the floor and beaten up by demons. Only then was His blood sacrifice accepted, and then He was born again in hell. That is not only unbelievable, it is heresy! And yet according to her, you absolutely must believe that Jesus suffered in hell for your salvation. “There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless you believe this truth that I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell.” (Blogger), will you choose between Joyce Meyer’s doctrines of demons in her brand of salvation or God’s way to eternal life?
Did God pay for our sins according to Meyer? No, it was only a man. “The Father filled His spirit again. For three days He was alone paying for our sins as only a man and the price had to be paid by someone just like us.” (Blogger) will know that you'd better take God’s Word over the false teachers. “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” (Acts 20:28). God's blood! Jesus is the God-Man, never just a mere man. You know, don’t you, that this is so very basic as the very heart of the gospel which Joyce Meyer cannot understand? That makes her unqualified to be anyone’s teacher, right? Obviously! If you have the right Jesus, you are right for all of eternity; if you have the wrong Jesus, you are wrong forever! Joyce Meyer in her teachings will think “above that which is written.” (1 Corinthians 4:6). A demonic spirit denies the eternal deity of Jesus Christ, which leads to nothing but a false Christ (2 Corinthians 11:4).
How oppressive like listening to a demonic as she bellows in a truck driver tone, “And ol’ God gets His voice together and He hollers out three words and they go roaring through the universe and entering the gates of hell. He says, 'It is enough! It is enough'!” (Blogger) asks where is this in the Bible? So it was not enough according to Joyce Meyer, not enough at the cross when Jesus cried, “It is finished”? Jesus did not say, "It is soon to be completed," but the original word meaning here is paid in full.
Are we to preach this superstitious idea of Joyce Meyer as an atonement in hell or are we to preach Christ crucified! “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:18). We must determine not to know anything else, “save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” (2:2). We declare the “gospel” of God (1 Corinthians 15:1), “by which also ye are saved” (vs. 2), “how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” (vs. 3-4). To teach that hell is also necessary after the cross is what? That is a deathly and different gospel of salvation than the one that saves.
How do we have redemption? “Through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.” (Ephesians 1:7). But that was not sufficient according to the (Blogger) of Joyce Meyers. Even if Meyer’s could be right on everything else that she believes, to be wrong on this while corrupting sound doctrine reveals the heresy of a different gospel. "Joyce Meyer helps women?" How so if her teachings take them to hell?
Joyce Meyer like the many cult leaders claims she speaks God’s special revelation. “I speak to auditoriums filled with thousands of people. By giving out the Word of God, I know I that I will not lead them astray. By meditating on Scripture and dedicating my mouth to God, I know that my life’s on the right track. Through reading the Word and living it a transformation occurs: My words are no longer mine; they become His.” Hell holds hundreds of apostates who have said that. Words are only His if we are speaking the Bible accurately. This from Meyer is made up. For, (Blogger) when did God change truth to favor a Word Faith preacher? Making up what anyone is to believe, then we are to get away from them and certainly never promote them to share in their evil deeds! (Romans 16:17-18).
Is Joyce Meyer qualified to be teaching anyone with so much serious false teaching - and much more than this short article? Get away from her!”
1) SB (woman)-She's gotta lay off the plastic surgery.
2) SP(woman)-She's a false prophet as is Joel Osteen
3) KD(man)-Ok I get not to send money. But... If what she does brings people to God, why do you want to ruin that? I'm Catholic and very proud if it and I enjoy her teachings. There's truth to them and aren't we ALL human with sin??? You pointed out her faults, but what is it that you hope to gain in your efforts???
4) I have always liked Joyce Meyers.....UNTIL I started really listening to her 'ministries'. She is like Joel Olsteen.....there is really no substance to their 'preaching'. It's all....think positive, keep upbeat. Not really Bible teaching at all. She's a nice gal but I think I'd rather listen to Billy Graham.
5) Charismatic witchcraft! I rebuke her in Jesus name!
6) She is false, you can hear her on Youtube claiming we are gods along with her many other false teachings.
7) M(woman)-You should all be ashamed and stop judging! I respect her work and efforts. Who made you judge and jury
8) Judge not lest ye be judged.... We all fall short
9) Never watched or listened to her but thanks for the info. It's easy to be deceived if you just listen & do no research & study.
10) She's the Pharisee, not the publican.
11) Thank you !! I have been speaking out against her teaching and having a hard time getting people to listen especially women. Thank you and God bless you!
12) ohhhhh my, perverting the Word...i think heretical works here, actually had never heard of her til now...she needs to seriously consider Rev.22:18,19
13) KD(man)-However, I've read a lot of good quotes from her. If people are drawn to God and research what she says then she's doing a good job. I like what (female commenter) has said, research what you hear
14) She's been an encouragement to me many times. I enjoy her Biblical postings on Facebook. You should listen to her sermon about forgiveness. Her father raped her repeatedly when she was young and she came to forgive him by the grace of God. Maybe her plastic surgery didn't turn out as well as some others, but so what. She's human and she's a blessing to many people!
15) Wow ~ She has led many to Christ. Have You? Time for me to move on.
16) I never imagined it from the way she presents herself but haven't listened to anything she professed to know to be Gospel...
Just shows how we as sinners are easily mislead by a person or persons professing to have the answer we want rather than the REAL TRUTH..,Praise JESUS!
17) She didn't stop sinning until she got it through her thick head that she wasn't a sinner anymore? Since when did she become perfect then? I don't know what her Bible says, but mine says "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" (Romans 3:10 KVJ)
18) (To female known as M)...I agree...we need to PRAY..pray for the Holy Spirit to show us and for Him to shine HIS light on ANY darkness...Jesus said: "BE NOT DECEIVED"! amen?
19) I have watched her and always liked her. I never caught any of these things that you have written. I will pay closer attention though. I don't want to be lead wrong. On the other hand, I just take bits and pieces that I like from what ppl say and throw away what I don't like or I feel is wrong. There is nothing wrong with her having lots of money and lots of houses. That being said maybe she donates a lot too. We don't know how much she does give. If ppl are dumb enough to Beleive every word she or anyone says that's there problem. Then if they feel the need to give her money that's there 2nd problem. Lol. There is only one Jesus he is the only one that would be able to get up and preach flawlessly.
20) Whoa! I fear for any of you judging her. She has led thousands to Christ. Where is your fruit?
21) SB-Just another form of "self-help"/life-coaching. It has its value, but after reading and implementing her teachings for years, it had little impact on my life in the end.
22) AM(woman)2 Timothy 4:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
23) I haven't read this yet, so I really don't know what's going on, but I didn't know if you'd be interested in this or not.
24) AM(woman)-My answer is, no I do not believe that she teaches sound doctrine. Only God truely knows this woman's heart, but you asked us our opinion and that is mine.
25) If anyone brings someone to Christ, I find it hard to understand how they are false prophets. The things I have heard from her regarding scripture have been 100% correct. She is more of a motivational speaker, but uses the Word of God to do it. I fail to see the logic behind the accusation of being a false prophet. I do not listen to her much because I want the meat of God's word, more than the motivational part. I'd be very careful in judging others though. A false prophet to me is one who might deny Christ as the messiah or some other sort of blaspheme. And I have heard none from her.
26) I agree 100% (other female commenter) and I deleting this negativity from my page too. I have followed it and agreed until now. If anyone is doing any good for the Kingdom, there is no need for slander and doubt in this day and time. Pick on someone else. Perhaps (Blogger) is jealous of her ministry? Nothing wrong with a facelift either.
27) However, if the above is true...then she has some 'splainin' to do.
28) Your author- Someone has given head space to this? And, greater still, someone is taking offense to it?
29) For those saying "if she is bringing someone to Christ." Do Mormons bring people to Christ? What Christ is she preaching? If they preach a different Gospel then they are false teachers. Wake up people.
30) I've listened to most of them through the years.i It's evident in all that they are well versed,but miss the message! I was pleased to read the research you have done and the path you are following. Only one right way,the rest are...wrong!
31) "If it walks like a duck.......
32) LH(woman)-The only thing I can say--if you can't find it in the Bible, then it doesn't exist.
33) This was a mistake on this sites part! God said "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED " Gods blessing is removed when we act out of JEALOUSY & ACCUSATIONS & JUDGEMENT!
34) LH(woman)-Don't believe what millions do--the road to heaven is narrow and only few find it.
35) I do not care for the woman. I will not say why because that will start a little war, and well, the woman should not be in the position she is in.
36) Touch not mine annointed.........I have heard much sound doctrine from her. As with EVERY ONE. Swallow the meat, spit out the bones. No one gets it all right according to the Word!
37) LH(man)-To the ladies of the (Blogger) Club...while I agree with you on many issues, there are those that I disagree with you completely...it is not this post but another...but here you say you 'examined' her teachings. You need to do a little examining on a few other issues also...become informed...it is difficult to make a statement about something if you aren't aware of the facts. Like the statement above from (female commenter)...'Be not deceived' It is late...or early, and I need to be up and going in just a few short hours so I will not address it here but will tomorrow evening.
38) LH(man)-Like Brad Paisley sings...you need to get out of your 'Southern Comfort Zone."
39) Site-JUDGE NOT - Are defenders of Joyce speaking out of loyalty to her or loyalty to the Savior? What is obvious about this if we have enough Bible knowledge to examine the contest in Matthew 7?
Verse 1 - "Judge not, that ye be not judged."
Verse 15 - "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
You can never beware of these false prophets unless there is a judgment to be made. And as we examine Scripture, we are not making this judgment on her heresies where God has already made the judgment for us. As for me and my house, we will side with God. - (Blogger)
40) Site- "contest" *context
41) here is but ONE CHRIST. If someones teachings do not line up with Gods word as I have come to grasp it....I research the issue in order to see what is in fact correct. I know that not being perfect, that I am just as capable of misunderstanding scripture just like anyone else. That is why one cannot just be a casual member of the Bible. It needs to be repetive and on a daily basis. But as I said earlier...I have not listened to her much because I listen to the ones who deliver the meat of the word. Y'all have a wonderful evening!! God bless ya.
42) SS(woman)-I see it is (Blogger) now not Pastor(Blogger)! Your true spirit has been revealed! Praying for u (Blogger)!
43) Site-ANOINTED? What kind of anointing teaches this apostasy? Are Christians given a "brand-new" but Old Testament anointing from God? We are already anointed! The Old Testament anointing was fulfilled by Christ, the Anointed One! Then Jesus anointed us by sending the Holy Spirit to abide in us. "These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you..." (1 John 2:26-27). Meyer has no special anointing from God. Every real Christian has already been anointed - and that is according to God's Word, not a false teacher's. – (Blogger)
44) judgement and honest assessment of facts are 2 different things....
45) SS(woman)- I agree we all have the same anointing! That much is true! But do u hear her preach against other men of God? No because it is wrong for one of God's children to attack & accuse another one!
46) Did you have to use such a bad picture of her?
47) I enjoy many of her teaching tapes and books. She helped me to want to read the bible and have a closer relationship with christ. She encourages you to learn Gods word in the bible and make right choices for your life using the bible as a guide, and to pray about everything in your life.
48) SS(woman)- That was a on purpose strategy!
49) Of all the denominations out there and non-denominations which one is the correct one? Who can answer that? The bible is the truth but which bible doctrine do you believe? What theologian do you follow? I have read the bible many times and it says "every man is a liar", we are all sinners and even the most educated are counted as dung in God's sight. The foolishness of God is wiser than man.
50) (Commenter addressing two other female commenters) you are out of step with the word of God.
51) SS(woman)- To all who chuck has stirred to judgment! Maybe u should ask God to let u see her & the good she does & has done through his eyes instead of judgement! When u make the attempt to walk on water let me know I would love to watch! God children shouldn't be going after each other there is enough evil in the world we have to fight & deal with!
52) All I can say is wow!!
53) follow no man, follow GOD. The Bible and the Bible alone!
Notice the lack of consensus and what happens to a critical thinker within the “body of christ.”