It’s Friday! And a snowy mess outside. You have shoveling to do, the kids may be out of school early, and the question on your mind is what’s for dinner? The answer is, how about something tasty and easy, like this recipe from Pillsbury!
Grab their refrigerated pizza dough at the market on your way home or pull it out of your fridge if you already have some. Who needs pricey, greasy take out when you can make a creative dish all your kids will love. See below for a Garlic Butter Crusted Margherita Pizza recipe. By using roasted garlic and butter on the crust, it takes a simple Margherita pizza to a new level! Also, additional family friendly recipes are available at http://www.pillsbury.com.
Garlic Butter Crusted Margherita Pizza
Servings: 6; prep time: 30 Min; total time: 40 Min
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ teaspoon chopped roasted garlic or chopped garlic
½ teaspoon salt
1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic or chopped garlic
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh basil strips
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large dark or nonstick cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray; set aside.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic and the salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes are thickened, stirring frequently. Set aside; cool slightly.
3. Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Press out dough to 15x10-inch rectangle. In small bowl, mix butter and 1 tablespoon roasted garlic. Spread over dough. Bake 7 minutes; remove from oven.
4. Evenly distribute tomato mixture over partially baked crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle basil strips over pizza before serving.