Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Piece of KFC chicken turns out to be deep-fried paper towel

Boy served deep-fried towel at KFC
Boy served deep-fried towel at KFC

If your piece of KFC chicken is "finger lickin' good" your next meal might include a towel to wipe off those fingers. And that's okay as long as the towel in not inside the deep-fried batter.

At least that's what happened to Oliver Hallam, 7, who bit into what he thought was a piece of chicken, but it turned out to be a rock hard towel, according to HuffPo on Monday.

His step-mom Krystal Henderson bought the KFC chicken.

"Realizing it was blue roll was worse than chicken. If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something, but the blue roll could have been used for anything - it could have bleach or disinfectant on it. To give that to a child, I felt so guilty even though it wasn't my fault. For a child to bite into that is horrendous."

After an investigation, KFC apologized to Krystal and offered her a free meal.

A letter to Ms Henderson read: "The blue tissue has most likely originated from a tissue roll used for KFC hygiene purposes. The store assume it must have fallen unseen into the breading lug that is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook."

A spokesperson for the franchise that operates KFC in Killingworth, England made the following statement, obtained by the Mirror:

"We're very sorry for Ms Henderson's experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident. We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect. We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn't happen again."

The company also offered Henderson a free meal.

So what do you think? Is a free meal enough for the boy's trouble? Or was his health possibly put at real risk?

Report this ad