It's strawberry season, and if your hands haven't been stained red from pick your own (PYO) strawberry picking, this weekend's the time to do it! In Framingham Hanson's farm has a huge strawberry field waiting for you.
- $2 cover charge per person picking
- $2.50 per pound of strawberries picked (a quart container holds about 1.25 to 1.75 pounds)
- Open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Hanson's uses Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to manage crops.
- You can drive your car to the fields!
- There are bathrooms! (Port-o-potties, but a bathroom is a luxury in a farm field.)
- You can buy hanging plants with various flowers, cherry tomatoes (yes - in a hanging planter), an every seedling you can imagine to get your garden in.
A quart of strawberries you DON'T pick costs $6, so PYO is a great deal.
Strawberry season is short, and picking your own in the fields is a worthwhile experience. Whether you need one quart or 40 to put up jam, there are only a few weeks left in Framingham to get your fresh strawberry fix.
20 Nixon Road
Framingham, MA 01701