Cindy Shaw, PT, OCS, BCB, the owner and director of Orthopaedic and Spine Care Physical Therapy (OSCPT) in Huntington Beach recently became a ScubaFit Instructor. Cindy and ScubaFit founder, Gretchen M. Ashton, CFT, SFT, SFN, NBFE, are co-teaching the ScubaFit Diver Course on Thursday, October 17, 2013, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at OSCPT, 6082 Edinger Avenue, Suite 100, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. Divers with questions may contact Cindy or Gretchen at (714) 840-1505 or (760) 271-6069. For more information visit www.oscpt.com and www.scubafit.com. Cost of the course is $245.00 and includes all materials plus a diver certification card. This two-hour session is for practical demonstrations and final examination. Reserve a space and complete course work online here.
Learn how fitness improves diving performance and reduces the risk of injury and illness. The course includes activity specific exercises and training concepts that enhance diving activities and an introduction to nutrition and hydration for diving.
Cindy is a board certified physical therapist specializing in orthopedic injury prevention and rehabilitation. Scuba diving is her other passion and she spends as much time on or in the water as she can. Cindy is an avid California diver and ventures often to Mexico with almost 500 dives in five years. Combining her love of diving with her love of physical therapy Cindy works with scuba divers helping them return to diving and optimize diving fitness.
Cindy and her staff at OSCPT specialize in spine (neck, mid-back, low-back, pelvis) and extremity dysfunctions and are committed to providing clinical excellence in both patient care and service. OSCPT began in 1992 as the dream of Cindy to create a Physical Therapy practice that fosters highly skilled manual therapy care in an environment that encourages healing. Started with Cindy as the only therapist, OSCPT now has five therapists focused on excellence in patient care. In addition to the ScubaFit program, Cindy offers, Pilates and Yoga.
More about Cindy Shaw:
• National Board Certification as an Orthopedic Specialist (OCS) which includes 2 recertifications at 10 year intervals
• 32 years experience in the field of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
• Degree in Physical Therapy, California State University, Long Beach
• Specialization in Manual Therapy and Spine Care
• Specialized training in Visceral Manipulation
• National Certification in Biofeedback
• Selected as a Treating Therapist for the 1984 Olympics, Los Angeles and as a consultant to the United States Diving Sports Medicine Committee.