The August 31, 2013 Cool Summer Night event at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is themed photography and astronomy. This event allows you to experience the museum in the evening when it tends to be cooler. Special activities at this Cool Summer Night include viewing telescopes and photography workshops.
Schedule of Activities:
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Family Astronomy Fun: There will be hands on activities for learning about stars, asteroids, planets, and gravity.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Viewing Telescopes: Weather permitting there will be telescopes and astronomy experts on hand for viewing the night sky.
- 6:30 p.m. - North American Flute Circle Performance
- 7 p.m. - Take Photos Like a Pro: This is a free photography workshop about techniques and tricks to make your photos stand out.
- 8 p.m. - Night Photography: This is a free photography workshop about taking photos after sunset.
- 8 p.m. - North American Flute Circle Performance
About the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum: The Desert Museum is open year round, although the hours vary. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) October through February, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) March through April and September, and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (no entry after 3:45 p.m.) Sundays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (no entry after 9:15 p.m.) Saturdays June through August. Admission is $14.50 for adults ($12 June-August) and $5 ages 6 to 12 ($4 in Summer). Ages 5 and under are always free.