A number of Phoenix-area authors plan to head up to the Sedona Book Festival Saturday, Oct. 5, to exhibit their books. The all-day event is sponsored by The Well Red Coyote bookstore and by Yavapai College, with net proceeds going to the Yavapai College Foundation. It will take place at the college's Sedona campus, 4215 Arts Village Drive, Sedona, Ariz.
Among those planning to attend, along with the categories of their work, are Patricia L. Brooks, president and founder of the Scottsdale Society of Women Writers, (memoir and nonfiction), Thomasina Tommey Burke (memoir), Nancy L. Burns (fiction), Elisabeth Davies (nonfiction), Dee Dees (memoir and self-help), Kelly Lydick (fiction), Hayley Rose (children’s picture books), Maria Crimi Speth (nonfiction), Lana Swearingen (memoir) and Sonya Vaughn (fiction).
Keynote speaker is Anne Hillerman, daughter of the late Southwest mystery writer Tony Hillerman. Other presenters include the following:
- Jennifer Ashley, New York Times and USA Today best-selling romance author
- Cathy McDavid, Harlequin American Romance author also on New York Times and USA Today best-selling lists
- Darrell James, short story author and novelist and winner of the Eureka Award for Best First Novel
- Kris Neri, mystery and paranormal mystery author
- Pat Sinclair, Scandinavian cookbook author
- Harvey Stearn, photographer whose images of the Southwest and West include landscapes, wildlife, ruins and relics and more.
The Sedona Book Festival is free to the general public. For more information, contact Joe Neri at (928) 282-2284 or email@example.com.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available. Just click on Subscribe above.
Follow me on Twitter @DorisNehrbass.