A new chair-elect and seven new board members have joined the board of directors for the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (www.phoenixchamber.com). The new board chair is Ed Munson of CBS-5, KPHO-TV Phoenix. He succeeds Peter Hayes of Salt River Project. The new board focuses on providing resources for local businesses, strengthening the quality of life in the Valley and keeping members informed, connected and prosperous.
The new board will advise the Chamber on its plan for regional economic development called “Phoenix Forward, strengthening the road to prosperity”. The program launches later in the year. It is intended to generate an increase in the number of quality jobs, payroll, business growth and capital investments in the community.
The seven new executives who join the board this year are:
· Jaime Casap – Global education and assess evangelist for Google, Inc.
· Angela Creedon – Assistant vice-president of public affairs for Arizona State University.
· Craig S. Desnoyer – Ernst and Young partner.
· Shirley Gunther – vice-president of public affairs for Dignity Health.
· Debbie Johnson – president and CEO of the Arizona Lodging.
· Thomas Katheder – vice-president and associate general counsel for Petsmart and
· Chip Scutari – co-owner of Scutari and Cieslak Public Relations.
“I look forward to collaborating with this new group of leaders in connecting and supporting local businesses, solving complex problems and facilitating the future growth of our economy,” stated Chamber president and CEO Todd Sanders.