The news is out! NFL wife Kristin Cavallari (wife of quarterback Jay Cutler) is expecting baby #2! And with the football season in full swing, Celebrity Stylist and Creative Fashion Director for the 2013 NFL season Philiip Bloch shared some of his personal tips with Examiner on how expectant mamas, like Kristin, can amp up their fandom and style with NFL maternity wear…especially with the Super Bowl just around the corner in our nation’s fashion capital! Phillip breaks it down in several simple steps for any expectant mama to follow:
First thing first, Phillip makes his point by saying, "dressing for your body is really important when you’re pregnant, but it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your personal style. You should be able to dress for your life, so find the things that you loved to wear when you weren’t pregnant and adapt them in ways that work appropriately while you are pregnant." Below are his personal tips to help pregnant moms still be fashionably sporty while cheering for their favorite NFL teams:
- "If you are looking for something patterned, avoid the big tight looks and try something a bit more soft and flowing."
- "You want to be comfortable at your waist especially as your bump continues to grow, so find some cute fitted t-shirts and pair them with soft skinny maternity jeans and an open blazer. NFL Women’s Apparel offers a fun line of maternity clothing that allows women to showcase their fandom while staying fashionable. The NFL tee is the new concert tee and a great foundational piece for wardrobe closets."
- "Show the changes in your body and embrace them. Try a V-neck shirt that offers both a casual and comfortable fit."
- "The right shoes are key. Avoid heels and always keep flats in your wardrobe."
- "Accentuate your look with jewelry. Try a nice multi-strand necklace for added versatility against your expanding bump."
- "Take a page from Kristin, she dressed so appropriately for her style and body type during her first pregnancy. She managed to keep her chic, beachy feel but still infuse some of her own fun personal style within her maternity looks, too."
Images of the maternity pieces from the NFL Women’s Apparel collection can be seen by clicking here