The 2014 MLB live stream and TV schedule for April 4 will see many teams play their home opener including Toronto, Colorado, Boston and one of the most historic franchises in baseball, the Chicago Cubs. The Cubbies will open their 100th season at Wrigley Field this afternoon when they take on the Philadelphia Phillies. Despite losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates to start the season, Chicago played well in every game and has high hopes for 2014.
According to an ESPN report on April 4, the Cubs will try to get their second win of the season when they go up against the Phillies and manager Ryne Sandberg. Sandberg was one of the greatest players to ever wear the Cubs uniform, and he knows how special today's game will be with the 100 year celebration.
"Wrigley Field's a special place to me and my career, so going back there, and to go back in this capacity, I'm very anxious and excited about that," Sandberg said. "It's the 100th year, anniversary of the stadium there, that'll be special"
Chicago will start Travis Wood on the mound this afternoon, while the Phillies will counter with Roberto Hernandez.
Win or lose, rain or shine, the Cubs faithful always support their team. The last few seasons have been rough for Cubs fans, but a win today could go a long way in getting off to a good start in 2014.
Las Vegas odds makers have the Cubs at -130, with the over/under set at 9.
Fans can catch all the action on WGN nationally and also on MLB Extra Innings on TV and streaming live online. Click here for more information.
Here is a look at today's schedule and Las Vegas odds.
- Atlanta vs. Washington -- 1:05 p.m. EST (OFF)
- Baltimore vs. Detroit (-165) -- 1:05 p.m. EST
- Milwaukee vs. Boston (-170) -- 2:20 p.m. EST
- Phillies vs. Cubs (-130) -- 2:20 p.m. EST
- Minnesota vs. Cleveland (-180) -- 3:05 p.m. EST
- Arizona vs. Colorado (-140) -- 4:10 p.m. EST
- Chi. White Sox vs. Kansas City (-145) -- 4:10 p.m. EST
- San Francisco vs. L.A. Dodgers (-165) -- 4:10 p.m. EST
- St. Louis vs. Pittsburgh (-122) -- 7:05 p.m. EST
- N.Y. Yankees (-130) vs. Toronto -- 7:07 p.m. EST
- Cincinnati vs. NY Mets (-110) -- 7:10 p.m. EST
- San Diego vs. Miami (-120) -- 7:10 p.m. EST
- Texas vs. Tampa Bay (-140) -- 7:10 p.m. EST
- L.A. Angels (-135) vs. Houston -- 8:10 p.m. EST
- Seattle vs. Oakland (-135) -- 10:10 p.m. EST