Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Sports
  3. NHL

Philadelphia Flyers can clinch three seed with win over Pittsburgh Penguins

See also

CONSOL Energy Center is a place the Philadelphia Flyers are happy to see. The home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, which opened for the 2010-11 season, has been rather generous to the Flyers. Philadelphia had posted an 8-2 record in the building including winning the first ever regular season game held there.

As it turns out, this game is one of little significance to the Penguins as they are already firmly entrenches in the first seed in the Metropolitan Division and in second place in the Eastern Conference. Pittsburgh has a 65% chance of playing the Columbus Blue Jackets in the first round of the playoffs, a 23% chance of facing the Detroit Red Wings and just a 12% chance of playing the Flyers.

As for the Flyers, their seeding could still change yet they hold total control. With a win in either of their final two games, the Flyer will play the New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs. If they were to lose both and the Blue Jackets win, the Flyers would fall into one of the Wild Card spots.

The Flyers are looking to enter playoffs on some sort of a roll and winning the final two games this weekend would give the Flyers four wins over their last five games.

Puck drop from the CONSOL Energy Center is at 3:00 pm with the game televised nationally on NBC.

Advertisement

Today's top buzz...

  • La Toya Jackson
    La Toya Jackson hits the club in music video for 'Feels Like Love'
    Music Buzz
  • Kliff Kingsbury
    Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins the 2014 Tour de France
    Video
    Today's Buzz
  • Johnny Manziel
    Here's why there is no need for Jonny Manziel to apologize for his offseason partying
    NFL Buzz
  • Guys and Dolls
    Guys and Dolls at the PACE Center: Community theater at it's finest
    Camera
    15 Photos
  • Cheap Trick
    Cheap Trick brings an explosive set of hits to Phoenix on their U.S. tour
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • Most Wanted Man
    'A Most Wanted Man' shows Phillip Seymour Hoffman at his best
    Camera
    14 Photos